Sunday, February 5, 2012

blue collar baby

So my top is actually mint colored but the title of the post is a reference to the working class. I recently started a job that involves some desk work, a far cry from what I normally do. For those of you that do not know, which is probably everyone, I mostly work in film and video production. Strange thing is I didn't have to change the way I dressed as I started doing more white collar work, because I pretty much dress the same way when I do production work. Yes, I wander around carrying cameras and/or set lights wearing vintage outfits, including dresses. It has never interfered with my efficiency and so I figured, might as well. Except I do believe I should invest in some bloomers as I find myself more often than not, in flasher prone situations. But today I figured I'd try to put together an ensemble that is more manual labor friendly, though still vintage inspired. I'm psyched on the look and plan on collecting more pieces like these in various colors so that soon I'll have my very own work wardrobe.

bluecollarbaby1

bluecollarbaby2

bluecollarbaby3

bluecollarbaby4
gray twist scarf - target
mint collar button up - vintage
burnt sienna pants - vintage
blue espadrilles - vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment